Yeah, I never post on here anymore... but Jade just did this meme and it looks really fun. So here we go.
1) Make a list of fifteen characters first, and keep it to yourself for the moment.
2) Ask your friends to post questions in the comments. For example: 'One, nine and fifteen are chosen by a prophecy to save the world from four. Do they succeed?' 'Under what circumstances might five and fourteen fall in love?' 'Which character on the list would you most want on your side in a zombie invasion?' 'Write a story in which three and eleven fight crime.' (...possibly not technically a question.)
3) After your friends have asked enough questions, round them up and answer them using the fifteen characters you selected beforehand, then post them.
...Ok, I think I've got a pretty good list... have at it!!
- Current Location:By a pool... :-)
- Current Mood: cheerful
When you see this, post an excerpt from as many random works-in-progress as you can find lying around. Who knows? Maybe inspiration will burst forth and do something, um, inspiration-y.
Under the cut:
-Untitled Crime show
-The Puppet, scene one
Have an LJ cut!
( Read more...Collapse )( (The LJ cut in question)Collapse )
...or two. I'm not sure if that worked or not. I'll try and get this fixed ASAP if it doesn't--way too much text here for no LJ cut.
In other news, sorry if I've been sort of on-and-off LJ wise. I've been way busy ("Evilhistoryteacher 3: The Return of Evilhistoryteacher" is well under way), plus been dealing with some health-related issues that are no fun at all. :-P But I'm feeling a lot better, and should be back to regular LJ attendance soon.
- Current Location:Under my bed.
- Current Mood: cheerful
- Current Music:Humming "Ghostbusters"
Comment here, and I'll give you four fandoms. Then you have to write an entry telling your favorite character from each fandom, and why. Also, if you want to know more about my fandoms that aren't these four, pick another four in the comments and I'll reply on those.
Easy. Luna Lovegood. She's like a role model for me, because she's totally insane and doesn't realize it. And if she thinks something? she just says it. Point-blank. Plus, she doesn't worry about things... she lives life in the knowledge that good will conquer evil, and even if it doesn't, we'll always have crumple-horned snorkaks. She's managed to keep that attitude through a pretty tough life. At first glance, the reader expects her to have been sheltered, but she's really gone through a lot--her mom dying and her being a social outcast. Until it comes to the attention of EVERYONE that she is AWESOME.
Title character. He's ADORABLE. And he saves the world! With a plant in an old boot! Really, I can’t explain why he’s so amazing... it’s in the way he moves and holds himself. Second place goes to MO. Who I love.
Uh… um… way too many choices here, Zumie! I guess I’ll go with my childhood fave, Cinderella. I don’t know why, really. I just really, really liked her. Maybe it was the songs? I still know most of the words, actually! You know, I think one of my favorite parts about The Frog Princess was the Cinderella caricature. “Wish-wish-wish-wish-wish…”
As an explanation, here’s the conversation between me and Zumie:
TLE: I'd love four fandoms, please!
Zumie: Hmm... Harry Potter, Wall-E, Disney (any of the animated movies. Or you can pick a specific one if it's too hard!)... and Twilight, because YOU HAVE A TWILIGHT TAG AHAHAHA.
TLE: WTF. Did you even CLICK on the Twilight tag? It goes to the anger-filled mind of TLE-with-a-cold ranting about how much Twilight sucks.
Zumie: No, no I didn't. I just saw that you had one and gut-laughed for about twenty seconds straight.
Well, just because I hate it doesn’t mean I don’t have a favorite character. There were only two things that kept me sane during the Eclipse movie (I got outvoted two to one—I wanted to see Salt, my mom and bro thought otherwise): first, imagining that Jacob and Edward would suddenly dump Bella and go all Brokeback Mountain (the idea was suggested by an article my mom read), and Rosalee. I LOVE her. She was the only one who did anything remotely vampirish in the whole movie… granted, it sucks that she got all Carlyle-ified, but it sounds like she was AWESOME before that. Going after her fiancé/ravisher in a WEDDING DRESS? Yeah. That’s what being a creature of the night is all about.
- Current Mood: crazy
Post ten random facts about yourself, then tag seven people to do the same.
1. My school is putting on a production of "You Can't Take it With You" right now. I'm playing Boris Kolenkov, my fourth Russian character and my fourth male. (Although there is overlap there, I've played two males who aren't Russian and two Russians who aren’t male.)
2. I have given each of my horses, past and present, a Queen's Thief nationality. Penny is Eddisian, Twinkle is from the Continent, Amy is Medean (shows what I thought of her), Amulet is Sounisian (She and Penny were switched, but then A Conspiracy of Kings came out and hey! that was Amulet on the cover. So I switched them, since Penny is small and fluffy like an Eddisian mountain pony), and Sierra is Attolian.
3. I can’t stand Twilight and I hate Kristin Stewart’s performance in it, but I still think she is completely awesome.
4. One of my pet peeves is the Oregon license plate. It have salmon on it, which everyone knows are a cultural symbol of WASHINGTON. Get it right, guys.
5. Someday, I want to live in the world of Stardust. Book or movie, don’t really care.
6. One of my interests is the apocalypse. I have several plans for when it comes, each suited to a different situation. My dad and I are kind of like Sophos and his tutor, the drunk soldier… one of us will comment, “This would be a good place to defend against cannibalistic hordes” and then we’ll come up with a fully fledged battle plan.
7. Other girls love Iron Man… I love his computer.
8. I am the instigator of the unofficial Predator-Prey league at my school. At break, I run around shouting, “Come this way for Predator-Prey!” and get as many people to follow me as possible. Then we choose a predator and start playing. (Predator-Prey is like tag, only once you’re tagged you become a second predator. It keeps going until there’s only one prey left).
9. All my TV shows went on hiatus while American Idol was on. I was so ticked off I didn’t watch AI this year.
10. “Reflections of Earth” at Disney World is one of my strongest childhood memories; watching it for the first time at the turn of the century. I still cry uncontrollably every time I see it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflections
Now… who to tag?
- Current Location:enjoying the sun :-)
- Current Music:birds chirping
In which TLE reminises in chat form, and then in list form.
Gah. Is summer really over? It can’t be, right? Well. I guess I’ll act like it is, and maybe in a few days I’ll find out that it was all a cruel joke and I can go back to sleeping late and playing my way through every Tycoon game ever created.
( On to the reminising.Collapse )
- Current Mood: pensive
- Current Music:a dramatic reading of a breakup letter. My dad found it on the internet.
I'm at a bit of a standstill on my latest movie project - no worries, Sounisians, it's on it's way, but I need to get a time set up for filming and everything. So that I'll have something to do in this brief artistic wasteland, I've been sending out feelers for a more nebulous, but nonetheless intruiguing, project: a documentary.
The plan is this. I'm asking people to send me their opinions on a subject, and then I'll use the ideas for a script. I'm really looking forward to it, and I think once you've heard the idea, you will, too. Here it is:
Fanpeople. Girls, boys, dabblers, full-blown crazies, fanart, fanfiction, online, offline, comms, livejournal, 'til midnight parties, the works. It sometimes seems like it's one big, new, strange world - What do you think of it all?
- Current Location:outside, enjoying the beautiful weather.
- Current Mood: sore
So, yeah. Souji is in this, although since I don't know how internet cautious she is I won't point out which one is her. She can if she wants to. I'm the one who closes her eyes at the very end (director cameo!).
Please watch and review!!
( It's an instrumental, btwCollapse )
- Current Mood: hot
- Current Music:Life in Technicolor by Coldplay
It's three forty five and my day has been over for four hours.
I guess it's just the weird schedule I get into at a horse show... but it's annoying, whatever the heck it is. My adrenaline gets going so much doing the jumpers (especially when the rounds go as *cough* regrettably as they did today), I'm just tired and ready for bed as soon as they're done. But I can't, and since neither me nor my mom can think of anything to do (shopping spree at the nearest shopping mall has already been tried, thank you very much), I'm going to post randomly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaay!
( BOREDOMCollapse )
- Current Location:Oregon
- Current Mood: bored
- Current Music:How can the kids at the pool be so LOUD?
This post has been written over a few weeks, since I’ve been very busy – and recently there has been a HUGE announcement in the QT world, which I’m sure most of you know about, since I met 98% of you through Sounis. BUT, if you’re in the leftover 2%, go check out Sounis for info on the new book, A Conspiracy of Kings!! It will be out in April of 2010. Now on to the post, which is about Into the Woods.( Spoilers for the first act behind the cut.Collapse )
- Current Mood: geeky
- Current Music:You Belong With Me, by Taylor Swift